When recording a video interview you'll see a microphone icon and sound bar. If the sound bar fills and unfills as you speak and pause, then sound is being recorded.
Note that if no sound input is detected for 10 seconds then an alert will appear. This can occur if there are long pauses in speaking during the microphone test or when recording an answer. You'll be able to review your answers to ensure the audio was successfully recorded.
If your microphone is not picking up any sound, try these steps:
- Make sure you have allowed access to the microphone
- Make sure you aren't muted; check the mute switch on the cord if using a headset
- Make sure the correct microphone is selected on the drop-down menu in the video interview interface
- Check your system settings to make sure your microphone is the default recording device, and that recording levels are correct
- Restart the device (for mobile, make sure the phone is charged)
- Contact your microphone's manufacturer if you’re still experiencing problems after following the steps above